no chemo today

Went in for chemo today prepared to get this next phase started.  About half way through the IV fluids to help with nausea, my oncologist pointed out that my shirt was wet.  Not only was it wet, it was gooey in a large front section moving around to the side and on my pants.  My incision decided after three weeks it would begin to ooze a pink goo!  This is commonly known as a seroma.  I did undergo a CT to see if there was enough fluid that needs to be drained manually.  Still waiting for those results.  Tomorrow I will return to the cancer center to try again for the chemo.

Other new findings include the nodule on my lung is cancerous.  My oncologist will watch on future scans to see how it is responding to chemo and may need to have it resectioned in the future.  Also, a third chemotherapy was added to my cocktail in order to be more aggressive.  This one will cause hair loss so I guess it is time to bust out the hats.

Comments

  1. Hi Nancy, I will say goodbye to seroma. New findings can be a good thing, correct? Another battle to win. Push push forward. Love you, Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be beat. Wherever it shows up, prayer and peace will meet it there. And I'm betting you look great in hats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for keeping your friends and loved ones in the loop. We are all there with you in this horrendous journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy. My name is Jane.......I am a very close friend of Rhea's. My prayers have been coming your way since I first heard of your illness. Thank you for keeping us all informed with your blog and your journey towards good health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy, Rhea sent me your blog site. Rhea was good friends of my late husband.
    Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. My neighbor just battled cancer and beat it, you can too. Hugs to you and lots of love being sent your way. ❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy. I am a friend of Rhea's. She just shared an update on your cancer. I am so sorry that you have to walk this journey, but want you to know that I will be praying for you, for Daniel, and your medical team.
    Kathy Alloway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ernie and Vicki HobbsAugust 16, 2017 at 9:27 PM

    Hi Nancy, Just wanted you to know that Ernie and Vicki Hobbs are thinking for you and praying for you every day. Our daughter beat a very nasty, very aggressive cancer and Ernie has been cancer free for 4 1/2 years. Just wanted to let you know it can be beat and I'm sure you will beat yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday-#2 infusion

Updating....